Le MCR 01: notre passion partagée
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

LED strobe lights from JPC

4 participants

LED strobe lights from JPC Empty LED strobe lights from JPC

Message  MCRider Mar 21 Jan 2014, 16:30

Hello,

Sorry for posting in the English section but my French is even worse than anything that Google Translate can produce...

Has anyone any experience with the LED strobe/position lights made by JPC Aviation (part numbers 6441811, 6441821, 6441841 and 6441902 - lights and controller)? These lights were used in my factory-built MCR01.

I had a complete failure of the rear light and a partial failure of one of the wing lights after about 50 hours. I made an analysis of the system and came to the conclusion that the design is at least questionable. I sent my detailled findings to DynAero and JPC Aviation two weeks ago but did not hear anything (yet).

It would be interesting to know if the failures were just an exception or the rule.

Thanks for any feedback
MCRider

MCRider

Constr./proprio. : Proprio MCR 01 ULC

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

LED strobe lights from JPC Empty Re: LED strobe lights from JPC

Message  Luciano Jannone Mar 21 Jan 2014, 18:23

Hi McRider,

I have been facing a similar issue on my factory build MCR-UL.
The tail and the left lights failed after few hours of usage.(<100h)

I dismounted them and noticed that the issue was related with interruption of some coper tracks on the printed board.

My understanding is, that after a while, due to the high vibration level combined with an inappropriate mounting fixture of the circuit board (bended), the copper tracks is breaking, making that part of the LED's will not be anymore .

The mechanical mount can easily be improved, it's just a matter of mechanical common sense to modify it.

After repairing the broken copper tracks and a looking for a better mount, it worked again for many months.

I need therefore to repair it again and maybe find a better fixture to mount it.

Hoping that all this will be of some help for you,

regards,

Luciano

Rgds,
Luciano
Luciano Jannone
Luciano Jannone

Constr./proprio. : Propriétaire de Bohfino2, un superbe MCR01-UL 100cv (sn: 394) acheté neuf en juin 2009 et qui compte à ce jour plus de 1.100 heures de vol

Message  MCRider Mar 21 Jan 2014, 19:29

Luciano,

Thank you for the answer. In my case the problem was not related to vibrations. The LEDs just burned through - I had to replace them. In my opinion this is caused by two design weaknesses: Groups of three LEDs are connected in parallel and due to variations between the LEDs the current varies a lot (since an LED is not behaving like a light bulb) and sometimes it seems to be too much (as soon as the first one is gone some sort of a chain reaction will begin). And the current through the LEDs changes with the supply voltage although it should be constant. If you are interested I can post the detailled analysis.

Regards
MCRider

MCRider

Message  pschlappy Mar 21 Jan 2014, 22:43

Bonjour,
Nous avons eu le même problème sur notre MCR4s: après quelques dizaines d'heures les LED du feu arrière et quelques LED du feu de l'aile gauche grillaient à répétition.
Le problème était dû au fait que le boitier de commande (installé en 2009) était conçu pour être alimenté en 12V alors que la tension à ses bornes d'alimentation atteint 13.5 - 14V. Le boitier a été mis à jour pour accepter 14V , et depuis lors tout fonctionne bien depuis 400h. Les boitiers livrés depuis lors devraient accepter 14V. Il faut peut-être voir avec JPC si, selon le No de série, il s'agit d'un boitier OK pour 14V.
Bons vols,
Pierre S.
pschlappy
pschlappy

Constr./proprio. : Proprio MCR-4S, Dynon 180, AP74, Garmin 695

http://www.fpkaf.ch

Message  MCRider Mer 22 Jan 2014, 08:25

Pierre,

Je comprends un peu le français mais mieux répondre en anglais:

Thank you for the information.

The controller box that I have is already labeled "14V". I don't think the design flaws can really by fixed but this is what I did based on my measurements (with a programmble power supply and a digital scope with voltage and current probes): I changed the LEDs in the rear light to another type (Nichia NSDW570GS-K1 - they survive quite a lot of current and have a wider radiation angle). And I put a 1 Ohm resistor into the rear light circuit to bring down the current to a reasonable value even if the supply voltage goes up to 13,8V. And I will use the LEDs which are still working as spare parts for the wing strobe lights.

But maybe JPC will also give me an answer...

MCRider

MCRider

LED strobe lights from JPC Empty nouveau fabriquant polonais de LED strobes

Message  jimik Mer 22 Jan 2014, 08:30

nouveau fabriquant polonais de LED strobes, phares, feux de nav: Aviolights.com
prix raisonnables

jimik

Constr./proprio. : MCR 4S

Message  jimik Mer 22 Jan 2014, 09:31

jimik a écrit:nouveau fabriquant polonais de LED strobes, phares, feux de nav: Aviolights.com
prix raisonnables

170,00 €

Tail Star (POS/ACL)

The Tail Star is a LED white rudder / tail light with strobe light. - TAIL POS/STROBE LIGHTGeneral information: The Tail Star is LED technology, rudder/tail installed, white position light with ACL (Strobe). Its brightness and advanced optics will always ensure to be visible in the air. The Tail...

jimik

Constr./proprio. : MCR 4S

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé